Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Will this medicine work, doctor?

When you visit your doctor you expect him to make you well and to ease your aches and pains.

But what does the doctor expect of you?

He expects you to trust him, and to believe he has your best interests at heart.

Your relationship would not be the same if you thought your doctor was inexperienced or incompetent in any way.

And when you seek advice from your lawyer, he expects you to trust him and to act on his counsel.

And when you turn to God with all your woes and worries, He too expects you to trust Him and to know what He is doing.

He does not expect you to tell Him in every detail how He should solve your problems.

“Thy will be done.”

10 comments:

  1. So true Victor. How often I think I know better than God and try to tell Him how He should do His job.
    Total trust in Him and abandonment to His will is what will bring us the grace and healing our lives need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trusting in God is always a challenge. Most of the time I'm left scratching my head over what He's doing and praying that He'll let me in on His plan at some point. But then I have to say, do I really need to know? Shouldn't I just go along with His program?

    I love Cardinal Merry del Val's Litany of Humility for this reason. It brings me up short when I need to stop telling God how He should be running my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karinann and Barbara,

    Isn't it funny that we can trust doctors and lawyers yet sometimes we hesitate when we put our worries in God's hands.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true Victor! P.S., I like your art work;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen, Victor. My poor human brain can never quite figure out what God is doing. Thankfully :)

    I tried to comment on Time for Reflections twice today but they don't seem to be going through. The blog monster is on the prowl again I think :) Anyway, I thought your post was very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daily Grace and Mary,

    Thanx for your kind comments. God knows best.

    Hey ... let's lead more people to my Blog, Time for Reflections. It makes me laugh!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The nature and God brings life expectancy 30-40 years disease-ridden (and many "natural herbs produced by nature" are intended to discourage defensive toxins trying to root out and eat..
    Regards,
    Cliff Merchant MD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last year, more or less fluticasone propionate was prescribed for sinusitis (sinus infection). It is Flonase. Which expired in May 2009 it is said, but I wonder if they even work? I think I have sinusitis again, as my whole face hurts, I think I have a fever, my head feels dizzy, I have pain so miserable and I am very tired and fatigued. My eyes itch, etc. So yes, would it still be effective?

    Regards,
    Clifford Merchant

    ReplyDelete