Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Dawn in Suburbia

The alarm clock goes off, the bathroom light goes on, the dog yawns and my husband kisses me goodbye. It’s 4:50 a.m. and I am grateful that I have about twenty more minutes to lie here before I get out of bed.


The weekday morning routine seldom varies. The coffee pot is percolating and this quiet time alone with God is my favorite part of the day. Funny, I never thought of this before, but caffeine and the rosary are an awesome combination! The caffeine stimulates me, while the rosary strengthens me providing the grace I need to start the day.

Today, while praying the Sorrowful Mysteries, I think of Jesus carrying His cross, and wonder what the day will bring. Family and friends come to mind, and I entwine these thoughts of them between each small bead.

Dawn in suburbia brings hope and promise. Today is a gift to be used wisely.

“Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing” (1 Thessalonians 5: 11).

11 comments:

  1. Lovely reflection Daily Grace. Caffeine and the rosary- that does seem like a good combo- will have to try it :)
    Thanks for sharing your day with us. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a lovely morning. A bit early for me, but lovely all the same. I would need the caffeine to wake me up or I would probably doze off while praying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karinann and Noreen,

    Each morning brings new hope and each drop of caffeine prods me in the right direction! Thank you for your comments....They prod me on too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Starting the day with coffee and prayer sounds like a great idea. Peace and quiet before the hubbub of responsibility takes over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Imagine if every Catholic spent as much time praying as we do drinking coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can just about smell the rich aroma of your coffee and feel the peace and joy of your quiet morning with God. Thank you for sharing your lovely morning routine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DG,
    I love a good cup of coffee and the Rosary in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just noticed the time you get up, DG. That must require more than one cup I would think!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mary, you are right! I drink the whole 10 cups in the pot!!! Caffeine and me are very good friends! Hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your comments! They always encourage, inspire and make me smile!

    God bless

    ReplyDelete