Saturday, September 17, 2011

Monkeys!

Someone once said that if you put enough monkeys in a room with typewriters eventually one of them will write the works of Shakespeare.

And that's what's wonderful with the Internet and blogging.

It has given us all an opportunity to bash at our keyboards and every now and then someone writes something sublime, something profound, helpful, encouraging and up-lifting for one's fellow readers.

Yes ... something truly Christ-like and Saintly is written every so often amongst all else that is bad in Blogland. And that in itself is just wonderful.

Here's something that came out of my typewriter the other day written by William Monkey Shakespeare.

To Blog or not to Blog
That is the question.
Whether it is nobler in the mind
To keep one’s thoughts to oneself
Than reveal them to all
On screens large and small.
And by doing such
Suffer the slings and arrows
Of outrageous readers
Who’d rather Block you
Than read your feeble Tweeters.
Or to bravely face your qualms
And courageously Blog on
Regardless of your audience
Be it great or be it small;
Just Blog on into eternity
And have yourself a ball.

So let's keep blogging our Christian message for everyone to read and hopefully to find Christ in what we say.

And we should also visit each others blogs, and new blogs, and encourage others to continue blogging.

I often visit Christian blogs and find in the Comments Box: "0 Comments ... 0 Comments" and I feel sorry for all those Johns the Baptist writing alone in the World Wide Wilderness with no one to even say "Thank you!"

"Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disiciples ..." Matthew 28:19.

God bless.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Victor,

    What a treat! Yet another Victor post for me to read this evening. And another one mentioning Shakespeare.

    I can say that you are very good at visiting other people's blogs and giving encouragement. I know this first hand. Thank you for supporting my blog and being a good blogging friend.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you too, Sue.

    God bless you and your family always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement Victor.. you are so right about the Johns of the blogging world. I try to make an effort to visit and encourage others even at the expense of writing sometimes. In this really busy season of my life (My youngest just started school and its meant ridiculously early mornings and early nights among other things) I am not writing much but, like you, I know that its important to support others.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. William Monkey Shakespeare is brilliant! I loved this :)

    I have noticed that some of the most beautiful blogs have very few commenters too. I can't quite figure out why except that maybe others haven't found them yet. One of the things I try to do is add them to my sidebar in hopes that others will see them. Maybe I should highlight new blogs more often. I used to do this all the time but got out of the habit. I agree that it's important to support others. Thank you for this post, Victor. You are very good at encouraging others...I should know :) God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lisa Maria, Mary and Colleen,

    Thank you for taking the time to comment here and for visiting me from time to time.

    There are many good Christian Blogs out there yet to be discovered.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your paraphrase of Shakespeare. We can always count on you to make good points with humor.

    In the Bible Isaac means "Laughter". Isaac is a prefigure of Christ. Laughter links to joy and good humor in the positive sense. Jesus had a great sense of humor even though His teachings are serious. So you can count on the fact that in your way of writing you're imitating Jesus.

    I know this is off the subject of good Catholic blogs that don't get read much or commented on much, but I couldn't resist bringing up the point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Victor for an entertaining post! I think it's marvelous that we all support each other on our faith journeys. I have learned a lot from other Catholic bloggers and I consider it a blessing from above!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amen to that! Thank you for your continual inspiration and motivation, Victor!

    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings Barbara, Noreen and Michael,

    I did not know that Isaac means laughter.

    Thank you for taking the time to write in. I much appreciate your support and kind comments.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete