Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Trinity's Response To Our Love




This is a reprint of a post a I did on my own blog last year for the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity. I thought I would share it here this year.

The Holy Trinity's Response to Our Love
"Jesus answered, and said to him: If any one love me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and will make our abode with him."
~John 14:23


This verse always reminds me of the Trinity's desire to dwell within each of us. It is not taken from any of today's Mass readings, but as I was pondering this great mystery of our faith, it is the one that seemed to come to me. How truly awesome and at the same time humbling is God's response to the little bit of love I can give to Him.
"The complete Trinity dwells in us," (R.P. Philippon)


Prayer To The Holy Trinity
Glory be to the Father,
Who by His almighty power and love created me,
making me in the image and likeness of God.



Glory be to the Son,
Who by His 
Precious Blood delivered me from hell,
and opened for me the gates of heaven.

Glory be to the Holy Spirit,
Who has sanctified me in the sacrament of Baptism,
and continues to sanctify me
by the graces I receive daily from His bounty.

Glory be to the Three adorable Persons of the Holy Trinity,
now and forever.


Amen.


(Prayer from Catholic Online)

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Karinann for this post and beautiful prayer.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know why I worry about anything when I belong to such a great Family, do you? Doesn't make any sense at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meditating on the indwelling of the Holy Trinity never ceases to awe me. That we are so greatly blessed - it's almost beyond human comprehension. It also makes me realize that we should never fear anything for we are the vessels of the omnipotent, omniscient,omnipresent thrice Holy God. Amazing!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome Victor.
    ThereseRita, good point about belonging to such a great Family. With the Trinity and the Communion of Saints, who needs to worry.

    Mary,
    I know what you mean about the indwelling of the Trinity. In addition to awe, when I really stop and reflect on this reality, I am also humbled~God Himself wishes to dwell with and in me. There are no words for that!
    Blessings to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of the in-dwelling, I hope someday I can get enough of myself out of the way to make a lot more room for God. The idea that in heaven we will be totally consumed by God while retaining the identity He created us to be is overwhelming. Getting started and moving toward this on earth would be totally daunting if we didn't have His generous grace to help us. We are not alone - what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara,
    Thanks for these thoughts~lots of food for meditation in them. Getting enough of myself out of God's way~I can be such a control freak at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!As I read this I think "more of Him, less of me". Thank you Karinann

    ReplyDelete