Thursday, December 15, 2011

Chip butty sarnie?

The kind of sandwich you prefer says a lot about you.

What is your favorite sandwich? Is it the British Chip Butty Sarnie? Fried potatoes between two slices of bread. Or is it a bacon sandwich? Or bacon, lettuce and tomatoes? Or sausage sandwich?

Perhaps you're more refined and you have cheese and cucumber sandwiches cut in neat little triangles with a spot of tea ... don't you know? Or salmon and cucumber if you want to be even more upper class!

There's such a variety of sandwich fillings and maybe they do say something about our tastes, our up-bringing, and our lifestyles. What is anyone to make of my favorite ginger marmalade sandwich? Or my second favorite - Marmite sandwich?

But that's not what this is all about.

We Catholics sometimes have a favorite Saint. What does our choice of Saint say about us I wonder.

Do you have a favorite Saint? Who is it and what does your choice say about you?

6 comments:

  1. Hmm. My favorite saint... (and I have several favorites),... I think would be St Therese. She never really did anything epic or spectacular... she did everything 'little'... I think she was rather an underdog...she caught a lot of grief early on... and ended up being one of the 'big' saints.. just doing 'little' things with big love. I find that pretty cool. :) As a wife and mom, sometimes I feel like most of what I do doesn't matter. St Therese reminds me of the smallest things are made beautiful if I do them with love, and not for 'me'. Making myself 'smaller' and by doing so making HIM 'bigger'. What an example she shows us!! :)

    And sandwiches? Pastrami on toast. Maybe a bit of mustard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have too many, so I'll name a few: St. Benedict, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Therese. They have taught me so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of some of these sandwiches, Victor. I probably wouldn't want to know more about them either :)

    I have a lot of favorite saints - St. Teresa, St. Faustina, St. Pio, St. Therese, St. John of the Cross to name a few!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx all for your contributions.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too many to name! Too hard to choose just one!

    Who is yours?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michael.

    Mine are St Peter and St Thomas. Both hesitated. Peter hesitated when he got off the boat, he hesitated when he denied Jesus. Thomas hesitated in believing the Resurection.

    I hesitate and stumble often in my Faith.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete