Sunday, May 3, 2015

Remain in Me

"I am the vine, you are the branches.
Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit,
because without me you can do nothing." - John 15:5

Remain in me.
Without me you can do nothing.
We know this. We know this to be true.
We sometimes try to go out on our own and do our own thing. We sometimes try to take control of things and convert people and change the whole world.
We forget. We are not in charge.  We are not in control.
We are the branches. And we can do nothing without Jesus.
We need to remain in Him. We need to stay rooted in Him. We need to be nourished by Him.
Is that not why we go to Mass? Is that not why we receive the Eucharist? Is that not why we pray every day?
How else can we remain in Him?
Sometimes it is a struggle. But it is a struggle that reminds us that without Jesus ... we can do nothing.
Remain in me.

Lord, help me to remember I am not in charge. Help me to let go and surrender everything to you. Help me to trust you totally. Thank you, Lord. - Amen


3 comments:

  1. Saya dari indonesia.. salam kenal yah.. semoga sukses.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post Colleen. Sometimes it is so difficult for us to give up control.

    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete