Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Our Lady of Guadalupe



I so love Our Lady of Guadalupe. I cannot quite put my finger on the exact reason why. I am just so drawn to her.
For one thing, she is the protector of the unborn.
I love the story. The miracle of the roses and her image appearing on Juan Diego's tilma.
Mostly, I love her words to Juan Diego: "Listen, my dear child, and know that I will protect you. Do not let your heart be dismayed. Am I not here? I am your mother. Is not my help a refuge?"
When I hear those words, I think she is talking to me. I take her words to my heart.
For she is my mother, too.
Dear Jesus, thank you for the gift of your mother. Thank you for bringing her to us to help us and cheer us and bring us to you. Always to you. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Colleen,

    I just happened to find your blog when I was googling information about Mother Mary. I am a Protestant and by everything I have read on your site, you are welcoming of everyone's comments. I want to express my thanks for what you posted concerning Our Lady of Guadalupe. I knew very little about her and your short passage was a blessing.

    Why I was searching for Mary today was because my husband found an amazing stone after the devastation of Hurricane Irene in Vermont where we live. We knew the image on the stone was Mother Mary and a child, but not until I saw Our Lady of Guadalupe did I recognize the particular way which Mary has shown herself.

    I would like to share a photo image of the stone to faithful Catholics and I was wondering if you, and others that you know, would be interested to see it? It really is quite lovely and I would welcome you sending the image out to others. Thank you and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann & Victor,

    Thank you and God bless you!

    Bonnie, thank you for your note. Glad you liked this little post about Our Lady of Guadalupe. I surely do welcome everyone's comments. Yes, I would love to see the picture of the stone you found.
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete